Residential Support Worker
Cedar Heights Residential Living
Looking for enthusiastic Support Workers with a drive to make a difference in the lives of young adults
We are excited to announce that Cedar Heights Residential Living is opening a new residence near Wasaga Beach and is looking for caring, creative, professional and adaptive employees to be a part of a fantastic opportunity to build a program from the ground up.
The Company: Cedar Heights specializes in working with individuals diagnosed with ASD, FASD, and brain based disabilities. Residential Support Workers provide our young adults with high levels of support and supervision in all areas of daily living including; education, behaviour management, community involvement and recreation.
- We believe in evidence based models that provide the individuals in our care with the most advantageous opportunities for personal growth.
The Position: We’re currently looking for candidates to fill all positions (full time, part time, casual, overnight).
- We offer both onsite and off site training.
- Opportunities to participate in various workshops to further develop skills and knowledge on how to better support our residents.
- Post-secondary degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Child and Youth Worker or other related field
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector
- $1,000,000 Liability Automobile Insurance
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum two years experience in related field
- C.P.I., and/or First Aid/C.P.R. and/or Medication/Pharmacology training an asset
- The Residential Support Worker provides onsite, client-centered day programming. Staff are responsible for assisting the residents in the participation of Life Skills Training, Personal and Self-Help Training, Arts & Crafts, Recreation and Leisure, as well as Home Schooling Programs in various subject areas. Community integration is also a strong focus of the program.
The new location being opened is based in Stayner.
- 15 minutes from Angus
- 20 mins from Wasaga Beach
- 20 mins from Collingwood
- 30 mins from Barrie
Why Should You Apply?
- Cedar Heights Residential Living offers a dynamic workplace in a rapidly growing organization.
- You have the opportunity to help build the residence from ground up and lay the foundations for success right from the start.
- We are so close to the beach!