Industrial Equipment and Chemical Sales
Achieve territory sales and profit goals by developing and implementing a sales plan that increases sales and optimizes profitability and market penetration within the assigned territory within Atlantic Canada.
- Increase Sales
Meet or exceed sales goals and objectives:
- By prospecting for, qualifying and closing sales to new customers.
- With current customers by securing more of their equipment, parts, detergent & service business; and up selling our products & accessories.
- By increasing sales of new products and programs.
- Develop Territory Plans
Develop monthly/weekly/daily territory sales plan that:
- Insures 15 – 20 calls per day / 4 – 8 demonstrations per week / 1 – 3 equipment sales per week or more;
- Identifies A, B, and C customers and the appropriate call / communication frequency to maintain strong relationships.
- Maintain Customer Data through consistent recording & reporting as in the following:
- Keep a daily record of all calls, contacts, and relevant customer information.
- Keep a weekly record of all pertinent information required for reporting to management and to assist in planning and discussion during sales management meetings.
- Maintain a comprehensive Customer/Prospect Card binder for details on customer visits and to assist in continued sales development.
- Build Strong Customer Relationships
- Develop strong personal and professional business relationships with key customer buying influencers and their support personnel;
- Create an environment of trust, co-commitment, and mutual respect & support.
- Support commitments to customers by following up after the sale to insure satisfaction.
- Provide all customers with timely resolution of issues to insure customer satisfaction.
- Improve Profitability
- Solicit business as close to list price as possible by selling the company’s value-added support and services.
- Work to lower the overall cost of sale – work smart !
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current and prospective customers. Sells & secures orders from existing and prospective customer’s through a consultative process to ensure our products & services meets their workplace needs.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with sales management and other stakeholders in company
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, interests, issues, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, developments, market conditions through constant upgrading by reading pertinent supplier literature & brochures and by consultation with company & supplier sources.
- Participates and attends all company trade shows, conventions, training, etc.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity, ethics, and empowerment towards success!
- Reports directly to the General Manager &/or in their absence the President of the company. All activities of this position must be coordinated, consulted, and reviewed in detail with the aforementioned management prior to implementation of any new sales strategies and/or sales activities.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Customer Service: 3 years
- Sales: 3 years
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: