Packaging System Operator
Primary Location: Warren, Arkansas
Employment Status: Full-Time
Looking for a better job?
Armstrong Flooring, Inc. in Warren, AR. currently has a Packaging System Operator position available on 2nd shift. Work week will normally be Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. until 12:00 a.m. Overtime work is sometimes required. The work environment is very fast paced, repetitive, & manual labor in a non-temperature controlled mill work environment.
Pay Rate: $15.32 Start Pay; $15.52 at 45 Days; $15.67 at 90 Days
SUMMARY: Monitor and operate automated carton strappers, label machines, and stackers. Fasten plastic bands around cartons of finished flooring prior to storage or shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for following Job Safety Analysis guidelines to ensure safe operations
- Program label printers with correct SKU numbers
- Supply and load paper and ink ribbon into label printer
- Review label for correct placement, printing, legibility & bar code scanning readability
- Lift filled boxes onto pallets
- Band each box with correct number of bottom runners, pitcher end clips & strapping
- Supply strapping machine with material as needed
- Assure boxes on each pallet are even ended and undamaged before banding
- Remove damaged boxes from pallet and replace before banding
- Places a white ticket on each pallet with the correct information and ticket number
- Multitask while monitoring and quickly addressing system for problems, repairs and maintenance
- Perform other assigned tasks
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
– Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
– Must be able to pass a drug test, employment history verification and background check
– Willing and able to work safely in a fast paced production work environment
– Willing and able to work in a non-temperature controlled work environment
– Must have prior production experience in a manufacturing work environment
The following qualifications are strongly desired:
-Positive work history with at least 1 year of consistent employment (same employer) within the last 3 years
-Verifiable work history with positive references
Armstrong is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women, minority, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We invite you to explore the world of Armstrong at:
Armstrong is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About the Location (Warren, AR):
Our Warren Plant manufactures 3/4″ prefinished solid oak flooring and employs a multi-cultural workforce of approximately 240 people working multiple shifts.
The city of Warren is located in Bradley County, Arkansas south of Pine Bluff and northeast of El Dorado. Well known in the area is the city’s Courthouse Square, 1 of 10 other Warren structures listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Square plays host to the annual Bradley County Pink Tomato Festival, which celebrates the county’s tomato industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Nearest Major Market: El Darado
Job Segment: Equipment Operator, Machinist, Manufacturing