We are currently hiring for Senior Sous Chefs to join our growing culinary team! Our venues are located across Toronto including Byblos, Patria, Estia, Storys, Batch, Weslodge, Figo, La Societe, Macho Radio Bar, and all Food and Beverage Outlets at Bisha Hotel.
The Senior Sous Chef will play a key role in supporting the Chef de Cuisine in defining the restaurant vision for high quality food and ensuring that it is delivered, with a hands-on approach where required, in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
The position is responsible to oversee all kitchen operations including the crew kitchen by initially monitoring all food preparation, presentation and delivery over the course of the day, and ultimately carrying the mandates and program as led by the Chef De Cuisine.This position is fast-paced and requires flexibility to adapt to last minute business needs.
- Ensures the efficient operation of food production areas in the kitchen, constantly analyzing quality of food production and -preparation in accordance to company recipes
- Produces and maintains the highest food quality and control for all food products served in all areas
- Assures on-going training and that the high standards set by the Executive Chef/Chef De Cuisine are followed and assist them where necessary
- Will monitor working hours and fill out report of overtime for payroll purposes
- Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
- Responsible for the control and maintenance of all equipment distributed to the cooks that need to be cleaned and sanitized after each service and returned to the Chef’s Office
- Oversee the preparation, presentation and is physically present during service
- Taste all foods on a daily basis and make necessary changes. Food needs to be ready for service 15 minutes before opening time
- Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
- Participate in the training of new hires, and maintain good practices among the team
- Report any incidents, accidents, issues to Chef De Cuisine, and ensure it is recorded in employee records
Skills and Qualifications:
- Culinary Arts diploma or degree is strongly encouraged
- 3 + years’ experience in a similar role is required
- Red Seal preferred
- Positive attitude and inherent coach for the team
- Troubleshooting when service issues arise
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Health and safety certification an asset
- Food Handling certification an asset
- Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive Wages
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness rates
- Awesome Perks
- A great team and culture
- Training and Development, Growth
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.