DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA > OH > Little Hocking > Arrowhead Rd
Job Posting Title: USA – Warehouse Operator – Plastics
The Packout Operator is responsible for post-extrusion processing, packaging of material and miscellaneous off-line job requests. Other duties include but are not limited to: scanning, moving, staging, replenishing, bagging, boxing, stretch wrapping, and labeling product. The Packout Operator is also responsible for inspecting product and documenting/communicating when there is contamination, damages, or discrepancies. The Packout Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the fork lift, and will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by site management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packout functions include but are not limited to: Following direction of Management, Shift Supervisor, or Extruder Operator, when applicable, operating area bag or box line machinery and all associated equipment, maintain and complete required paperwork for proper product identification and traceability, make label, and handle rework boxes, use a forklift to move inventory to proper warehouse locations, labeling and disposition of partial and non-standard boxes, follow production schedule and assigned duties to ensure that activities are performed effectively and production needs are met, set up packaging supplies (build boxes, retrieve pallets, stage bags, build lids, install liners, etc.).
Quality Control Responsibilities
- The quality control functions include but are not limited to: using the appropriate documentation to ensure all products and/or orders are received and/or shipped correctly, verifying product meets quality standard, including reporting any damages, contamination, or discrepancies, ensuring product is stacked, packaged, stretch wrapped, and labeled properly.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
- Responsible for executing all safety protocols. Associates are responsible for accomplishing all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
- Responsible for cleanliness of designated work area. Associates are expected to maintain a clean, neat orderly work area.
- Associates are expected to comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/SDS/DOT standards and regulations.
- Associates are expected to participate in safety audits as required and will comply with safety procedures, practices, and policies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The ability to complete an OJT through procedural training/testing/skill demo
- The knowledge or ability to learn packaging equipment
- The knowledge or ability to learn to operate sit-down forklift, scissor lift, cherry picker, or pallet jack
- The knowledge or ability to learn upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems
- The knowledge or ability to learn to inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment
- The ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts in a swing shift environment
English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 55.1 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to distinguish colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to wear all appropriate PPE. Routine PPE includes safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection. Although rare, a full-face respirator may be required and fit testing is provided during the pre-employment screening.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.