WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Fitter Machinist for a Casual role at our Tomago Operations facility. Working as part of a busy team during a peak period, you will be will be hands on with in-house designed and manufactured packages that are engineered to international standards, incorporating individual components to provide total mining solutions.
You will work within the specifications and requirements of our manufactured electrical systems including operating and adjusting metalworking machines to produce parts and assemblies. Our metal working capability includes manual metal working machines as well as CNC programming. You will also fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts, and repair or replace defective parts as required.
You will be required to:
- Perform trade duties in relation to the manufacture, building and fit out of Ampcontrol products and services including welding, machining and drilling
- Operate and program CNC Milling Machines
- Water test products to ensure compliance
- Inspect for engineering compliance against job packages for new and second hand products and equipment
- Perform sheetmetal work as required
- Complete required production documentation in line with quality standards
- Contribute to and participate as a team member.
YOU’LL NEED THESE TO SUCCEED
Your willingness to gets hands on in a manufacturing environment will be complemented by the following:
- Safety as a core value
- Trades Qualification as a Fitter / Machinist
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- High attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
It is desirable to have forklift or dogging qualifications, and AS3800 qualifications.
If you have the necessary skills and experience to undertake this role, we would like to hear from you.