Labour Card Punjab Apply Online (e-Labour punjab) bocw.punjab.gov.in
Punjab Labour Card Apply Online (e-Labour) bocw.punjab.gov.in, construction worker registration card, Punjab labour welfare board schemes, Punjab labour card registration:- Punjab Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board was constituted vide Punjab Govt. Notification No S.O.17/C.A.27/96/S.18/2/2009 dated 30/04/2009, as per provisions under “The Building and Other Construction Workers’ (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996”. The major functions of the board are to register the construction workers in the state of Punjab, to frame welfare schemes for these construction workers and to provide them financial benefits under these schemes.
The mission of the Board is to uplift the living standards of the construction workers and their family members, in the State of Punjab, by way of providing them basic amenities and adequate welfare measures after enrolling them as beneficiaries with the Board and providing them benefits by way of direct transfer into their bank accounts, under various welfare schemes of the board in a very transparent and efficient manner.
labour card apply online punjab
Any worker doing any building and other construction work in the State of Punjab for minimum 90 days during the last 12 months and whose age is between 18 to 60 years is a construction worker. A construction worker becomes member of the board by filling Application form No 28 along with depositing of registration fees of Rs.25/- only (once in life) and Rs.10/- per month as contribution fees. A worker at a time can get himself registered for minimum period of 1 year & maximum period of 5 years.The registered worker is called ‘Beneficiary’ of the Board. In this article we discuses labour card apply online Punjab and any construction worker complete there registration.
For the registration of a construction worker and for filing applications for various benefits under the Welfare Schemes of Board, the construction worker is to visit the nearest sewa kendras or contact the Assistant labour Commissioner/Labour-cum-Conciliation Officer/Labour Inspector/Labour Enforcement Officer of his area.
Punjab construction worker registration
Punjab construction worker registration Any worker doing any building and other construction work in the State of Punjab for minimum 90 days during the last 12 months and whose age is between 18 to 60 years is a construction worker.
Registration with the Board: A construction worker becomes member of the board by filling Application form No 28 along with depositing of registration fees of Rs.25/- only (once in life) and Rs.10/- per month as contribution fees. A worker at a time can get himself registered for minimum period of 1 year & maximum period of 5 years.The registered worker is called ‘Beneficiary’ of the Board.
Labor Card Apply Eligibility Criteria
- Should be an unorganised worker
- Entry age between 18 and 40 years
- Monthly income 15000 or below
Should not be a
- engaged in Organized Sector or with membership of EPF/NPS/ESIC
- an income tax payer
Documents Needed for labour card
- Aadhar card
- Savings Bank Account / Jan Dhan account number with IFSC
- family photo
- form sign from sarpanch or m.c or contractor
Punjab Labour Card Enrolment Process
- The interested eligible person shall visit the nearest CSC center or sewa Kendra .
- While going to CSC for enrolment, he shall carry with him the following:
- Aadhar Card
- Saving/Jan Dhanbank Account details along with IFSC Code (Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account)
- family photo
- form 27 tested with sarpanch.mc or contractor
- Further details like bank account details, Mobile number, Email id, if any, spouse, and nominee details will be captured.
Punjab Labour Card Apply Online
1. The industrialists of the Punjab needs to Punjab Labour Card Apply Online with e-Labour Punjab portal :- bocw.punjab.gov.in
2. Fill Project Profile and generate a PIN (Project Identification No.).
3. Apply for required Service by filing Application Form (with reference to PIN).
4. Pay auto-calculated Fee using Debit Card/Credit Card/NEFT/Internet Banking.
5. The department will process submitted Application Form and issues QR Code Based Verifiable Approval.
Sachems Under Labour Card Punjab
Stipend Scheme for the Children of registered Construction Workers of the Board.Rates applicable w.e.f 1.4.2016
The children of the registered beneficiaries of the board studying in different classes/ courses are granted stipend as detailed below: –
|S No.||Class||New rates applicable as on 1.4.2016|
|1.||1st Class to 5th Class||3000||4000|
|2.||6th Class to 8th Class||5000||7000|
|3.||9th and 10th||10000||13000|
|3.||11th and 12th class||20000||25000|
|4.||College Students (All types of graduation/Post Graduation) technical or other professional studying I.T.I/Polytechni||25000|
(Rs 40000 in case of living in hostel)
(Rs 45000 in case of living in hostel)
|5.||Medical/Engineering (All types of Medical/Engineering Study)||40000|
(Rs 60000 in case of living in hostel)
(Rs 70000 in case of living in hostel)
- The benefit of a stipend shall be given to the children of only registered beneficiaries.
- The stipend shall also be granted to the beneficiary for his own study in evening classes in approved Institute/ University.
- The stipend shall not be granted in the fail cases in the last class.
- If the Beneficiary has availed such benefits from any other department/ institute of Punjab Government, he will also be entitled to get benefit under this scheme.
- A Certificate issued by the Educational Institute shall be uploaded on the Portal of the Board
Shagun Scheme for the marriage of two daughters of the Registered Construction Workers Rs. 31,000/- (Amount of Shagun)Rates applicable w.e.f 30.3.2015
- The Shagun Scheme shall be applicable only once on the occasion of marriage of two daughters (upto two daughters marriage) and shall not be applicable in the case of second marriage.
- If the daughter is herself registered as beneficiary with the Board, she shall also be entitled for the amount of Shagun on the occasion of her own marriage.
- The registered workman can submit application within 3 months after the fixed date of marriage of the daughter. A certificate obtained from the Marriage Registering Authority is required to be attached with the application.
- If the Beneficiary has availed such benefits from any other department/ institute of Punjab Government, he will also be entitle to get benefit under this scheme.
Ex-gratia SchemeRates applicable w.e.f. 30.3.15
|SNo.||Nature of Incident||Amount of Ex-gratia|
|1.||a) In case of accidental death|
b) In case of natural death
|a) 4.00 Lac|
b) 3.00 Lac
|2.||a) In the event of complete (100%) disability||a) Ex-gratia amount Rs. 4 Lac|
|b) In the case of Partial disability||b) Proportionate amount of Rs. 4.00 Lac shall be given on the basis of percentage of disability i.e., Rs. 4,000/- for each 1% disability and maximum of Rs. 4,00,000|
- In the case of death of beneficiary the family members as given the Rule 2(t) of Pb. BOCW Rules 2008 shall be entitled to receive the amount of Ex-gratia. “Family means the husband or wife, minor sons (including major sons who are insane or physically handicapped and unable to earn) unmarried daughters and the parents of the building worker who are solely dependent on him.”
- The death certificate of the registered beneficiary duly issued by the Registrar birth and death shall be uploaded on the Portal.
- In the case of accidental death of the beneficiary, attested copy of DDR or FIR or Post mortem report shall be uploaded on the Portal.
- Certificate for the complete disablement/partial disablement duly obtained from the Civil Surgeon office shall be uploaded on the Portal.
- If the beneficiary is getting benefit under the E.S.I, then he shall not be entitled to get benefit under the Exgratia Scheme.
- If the beneficiary has been issued health card under BPSSBY, he shall not be covered under this scheme for accidental death or total disability benefit.
Leave Travelling Concession for registered construction workers Rs. 2000/- (Amount of L.T.C).
- The construction workers shall be eligible for L.T.C. for journeys of religious/ historical places in India or visiting home town. The beneficiary shall be eligible for this benefit after every two years.
- The benefit of L.T.C shall be granted after the return from journey on submitting Self declaration/ proof online through the Labour Inspector/Labour Enforcement Officer of the area or through the nearest Suvidha Kendra.
- In the event of any incident during journey, he will not entitled to any compensation under this scheme.
- The registered beneficiaries getting benefit of LTC under any similar scheme from any other Govt. Department, they will not be entitled for benefit of schemes of the Board.
Financial Assistance for expenditure on cremation and last rites in the State of Punjab after the death of a registered construction worker or his family member
Financial assistance of Rs.10000/- is given by the Board for expenditure on cremation and last rites in the State of Punjab after the death of registered construction worker or his family member on the following conditions:-
- This scheme shall be applicable for the current registered beneficiaries of the Board and their family members. If after completion of 60 years of age or for any other reason, his membership is ceased, then no benefit under this scheme will be available.
- In the event of death of a registered worker or his family member covered under the definition of ‘family’ as given under rule 2(t) of the Punjab Building and Other Construction Workers (RECS) Rules 2008 viz ““Family” means the husband or wife, minor sons (including major sons who are insane or physically handicapped and unable to earn), unmarried daughters and the parents of the building worker, who are solely dependent on him”, he or his nominee or his dependents shall submit an application for such assistance to the Asstt. Labour Commissioner or Labour-cum-Conciliation officer along with original death certificate of the deceased and certificate/proof of his regular membership of the Board.
- The beneficiary must be depositing his contribution regularly.
- Like other welfare schemes, application under this scheme shall be verified by the committee constituted at Sub Divisional Level. After obtaining approval from the Deputy Commissioner, the concerned officer shall demand the amount from the Board office and pay the same to the applicant.
Financial Assistance Scheme for Spectacles , denture and hearing aid for the beneficiary construction workers and their family members.
Financial assistance (subsidy) at the following rates is given by the Punjab Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board in the State of Punjab to its registered beneficiary Construction Workers and their family workers for spectacles, denture and hearing aid:-
|Sr.No||Name of article||Amount|
- The construction worker mush be registered as beneficiary of the Board.
- The Beneficiary construction worker must be depositing his contribution regularly.
- If the beneficiary intends to take benefit under this scheme for any of his family member, such member should be covered under the definition of ‘family’ as given under Rule 2(t) of the Punjab Buliding and other Construction Workers Rules 2008, which is as under:-“Family” means the husband or wife, minor sons (including major sons who are insane or physically handicapped and unable to earn), unmarried daughters and the parents of the building worker, who are solely dependant on him”
- Financial assistance for articles under this scheme shall be granted on the recommendation of Govt. medical officer/Incharge of the E.S.I Dispensary.
- If the benificiary or his family member has obtained financial assistance for the purchase of above articles from any other department/ organisation, then he shall not be given benefit under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary or his family members shall get benefit only one time.
- The beneficiary shall get the amount of actual expenditure or financial assistance, which ever is less, on the basis of actuall bills produced by him.
Financial Assistance scheme for ‘general surgery’ of registered beneficiary construction workers and their family members.
he Board has approved financial benefit upto Rs. 50,000/- or the actual expenses, whichever is less, to the registered beneficiary and their family members for ‘general surgery’ on the following conditions:-
- The construction worker has been registered as Beneficiary with the Board and continuously depositing his contribution regularly.
- If the beneficiary intends to take benefit for any of his family member under this scheme, such member must be covered under the definition of ‘family’ as given under rule 2(t) of the Punjab Building & Other Construction Workers Rules, 2008, which is as under:-“Family” means the husband or wife, minor sons (including major sons who are insane or physically handicapped and unable to earn), unmarried daughters and the parents of the building worker, who are solely dependent on him”
- The beneficiary who is covered under the ESI scheme, shall not be granted benefit under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary is entitled to get financial assistance for the expenditure incurred on any type of general surgery for himself or any member of his family. The beneficiary or his family member can get such financial assistance only once in a financial year.
- Application under this scheme shall be submitted through or the Labour Inspector/Labour Enforcement Officer of the Area or through the nearest Suvidha Kendra on the web portal of the Board.
- Like other welfare schemes, application under this scheme shall be verified by the committee constituted at Sub-Divisional Level. After obtaining approval from the Deputy Commissioner, the Concerned officer shall demand the amount from the Board and pay the same to the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary or his family member can get his general surgery conducted from any Govt. or private doctor, but the amount of expenditure on treatment from the private doctor will be reimbursed only to the extent as found admissible by Civil Surgeon (maximum Rs.50,000/-)
- Any beneficiary who intends to avail the benefit under this scheme will have to first exhaust the benefit of Rs. 50,000/- for all his health ailments with the health card facility under the Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Beema Yojna Scheme. Only then he can get the remaining benefit under this scheme
Financial Assistance Scheme for the care of mentally retarded children (son/daughter) of construction workers @ 20,000/- per year.
Terms and Conditions:-
- The beneficiaries is depositing his contribution to the Board regularly.
- A certificate of being the child mentally retarded or handicapped obtained from the senior medical officer of the government hospital or ESI hospital is to be uploaded on the web portal of the Board.
A registered construction worker after completion of 60 year’s age and 3 years of membership, is entitled for a pension of Rs. 2,000/- per month. Family Pension @ 1,000/- Rupees per month is also provided by the Board. Membership certificate is immediately issued to the construction worker after his registration with the Board. The Registered construction Workers of BOCW Board shall be eligible for pension on the following terms and Conditions:-
- Those registered construction workers who have completed 60 years of age and have membership of the Board for at least 3 years and have been depositing contribution to the Board continuously, they shall be given Rs. 2000/- per month pension by the Board.
- If a registered beneficiary, having minimum one year membership of Board, becomes total (100%) disabled, he shall be given pension from the date of disablement. The disability certificate shall be issued by the Civil Surgeon of the district.
- If a beneficiary, having minimum one year membership of Board, dies, his spouse shall get family pension upto 50% amount of the pension till such date he/she remarries.
- If the pensioner dies, the spouse shall get family pension upto 50% of the pension till his/her survival. But if the husband/wife, either remarried or he/she gets old age pension of the Government then they shall not be eligible for family pension. If both the husband and wife are the beneficiaries of the Board and both are getting pension then on the eve of the death of one of them, the other one shall not be eligible for family pension.
- If only one person, either husband or wife is getting pension, then on the eve of death of pensioner, the live husband or wife shall get family pension upto the date on which he/she himself/herself becomes eligible for the pension of the Board. On the date he/she starts getting his/her pension, the family pension shall cease to exist.
- Those registered construction workers who prefer are getting old age pension of Punjab Government or any other pension of any Board/Corporation, shall also be eligible to get pension under the pension scheme of the Board. The Board shall share the data of pensioners with aadhar numbers with the department of Social Security so that they are not provided any pension assistance under any other scheme of the State in addition to what pension they will got from the Board.
- The application for pension in form no. xxxxii alongwith self-declaration shall be submitted through the Labour Inspector/Labour Enforcement Officer of the area or through nearest suvidha Kendra online.
- The Secretary BOCW Board or the officer authorized by him shall be the Pension Sanctioning Authority.
- If the application of pension is rejected by the SDM committee under the Deputy Commissioner then he shall prefer an appeal to the Secretary of the Board within 60 days. If the reasons for delay given by the beneficiary are to the satisfaction of the Secretary of the Board, then delay beyond the period of 60 days and upto one year can be ignored. The application of the construction worker shall not be rejected without giving personal hearing. The decision of the Secretary of the Board shall be final.
- After the pension is sanctioned by the Secretary of the Board the payment shall be credited to the bank account of the construction workers by the LIC of India on quarterly basis. As per MOU signed with the LIC, these shall be the standing instructions for the LIC.
- The pensioner shall have to give live certificate in the prescribed proforma in the month of January each year to the ALC/LCO or direct to the LIC.
- The P.P.O shall be issued by the Deputy Secretary Board and the record of PPOs shall be maintained in the office of Secretary Board in Form no. xxxxiii.
- If the pensioner has any grievance towards LIC or any officer/official the matter shall be decided at the level of the Secretary of the Board.
- This scheme is applicable since 3.2.2014. However, the construction workers who died before 3.2.2014, their spouses shall get benefit of family pension.